Keeping your house clean and sanitized at all times is very important. One thing that is harder to clean and is a magnet to dirt is rugs. You can’t deny that just like carpets they collect dust, bacteria and all kinds of unpleasant things that you definitely don’t want in your home. If you are a pet parent than you know that you can’t avoid having your rug covered in hair at all times.
Rugs tend to be expensive so they need to be treated with proper care and need special attention when cleaning. Otherwise, you might ruin them and regret the fact that you even decided to start cleaning them yourself. Of course, you can always reach out to a cleaning company like this one to do all the work instead of you but where’s the fun in that? I will tell you my secret that does wonders every time.
What’s the trick?
- Vacuum your carpet.
- Turn it upside-down and vacuum there as well. (This sucks dirt and pushes the dirt from the front side of the rug). Warning: The first time you do this it might be kinda nasty since there is going to be so much dirt.
- Fold up half of the rug and vacuum your floor so that the dirt doesn’t get back in the rug.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Now vacuum the front side again.
- Flip the rug again and see if there’s dirt on the floor. If there is – you repeat this process until you suck all of the dirt.
I have another way.
If you have an outdoor space you can just take the rug outside and beat it until all the dirt leaves.